Looks like you're in . We ship from the UK, but we have stock of some of our goods in our Amazon US Store. Like to go?

What Tripod Heads to use with my slider?

This blog runs through a few video and photography heads that are useful with the Digislider or similar camera sliders.

You may find that a lot of tripod heads mount fine on flat surfaces, like the carriage of the Digislider, but the panning resistance adjuster, near the base, is often restricted by the carriage, like the following:

Manfrotto 701HDV Fluid Video Head - £79.00amazon.co.uk

If so, you will need a riser or a like the following:

Manfrotto 120 converter 1/4" Male 3/8" - £15.00 - amazon.co.uk

1/4" to 3/8" Convert Screw Adapter - £5.00 - amazon.co.uk

Video Heads

E-Image EI-717AH - £60.00 - proav.co.uk - no need for a riser 

Velbon PH368 Panhead - £30.00amazon.co.uk - no need for a riser

Ball Heads

Kaavie KS-0 Full Metal Ballhead with Quick Release Plate - Max Load 8kg - amazon.co.uk

New Pro Camera Tripod Ball Head Ballhead KS-0 + Quick Release Plate LF23 - Max Load 8kg - amazon.co.uk

If you find your ball head has a 1/4" mounting thread, then you can use this 3/8" male to 1/4" female converter plate - amazon.co.uk

Digislider Team
Digislider Team


2 Responses


February 25, 2014

Hi Andrew. The mounting thread on the carriage is a 3/8 inch standard tripod mount and most cameras have a 1/4 inch thread so you won’t be able to mount the camera directly on the carriage without some sort of adaptor like the Manfrotto 120 converter 1/4" Male 3/8".


February 21, 2014

is it essential to use a video head? or can the DSLR directly mount to the slider?

Leave a comment

Comments will be approved before showing up.